Do I need a referral to see a healthcare practitioner?
No, you do not need a referral from a medical doctor to see one of our healthcare practitioners. However, some insurance companies require a medical note prior to them covering the cost of the treatment service. It is best to contact your insurance provider to determine whether such a note is necessary.
Are your services covered by healthcare insurance?
Healthcare services such as physiotherapy, chiropractic, registered massage therapy, and acupuncture are commonly included in extended healthcare coverage. Coverage varies between providers and coverage packages so it is recommended that you check with your provider for information specific to your coverage. The Medical Service Plan of BC (MSP) provides some coverage for clients who qualify for Premium Assistance.
Please visit www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp for more information.
Does Optimum offer direct billing to insurance providers?
Yes, Optimum offers direct billing to a number of insurance providers. Our friendly front staff can tell you whether your particular insurance provider offers direct billing to health clinics such as ours.
Can you help me with my particular injury?
Our healthcare team treats a wide array of injuries and health conditions. So chances are, yes, we can help! And if we can’t help, we will give you our recommendations and point you in the right direction.
Who should I see and how do I get started?
We recommend calling Optimum to speak with one of our friendly receptionists. They will gather information from you and help you to decide which service would be most effective for your particular injury or presentation.
Preparation for Your First Visit:
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to fill out the appropriate paperwork, this will ensure that you maximize your time with your practitioner.
- If your injury is in your lower body, bring a comfortable pair of shorts and walking/running shoes.
- If your injury in in your upper body and you are female, bring a sports bra or loose fitting tank top.
- Please bring the referral or note from your medical doctor or other referral source if applicable.
- Please bring your care card number, as well as your extended health insurance information so that we can determine whether you are eligible for direct billing.
- WBC Claims: You must bring you claim number, referral from your doctor and documentation from WCB stating your approval for the treatment service. If you have any questions about your claim, please refer to www.worksafebc.com
- ICBC Claims: You must bring your claim number, referral from your doctor, documentation from ICBC stating your approval for the treatment service, adjustor’s name and number. If you have any questions about your claim, please call your adjustor directly before your appointment.
- You will be provided with an official receipt that can be submitted to your Extended Health Insurance Provider or other 3rd party (ICBC, lawyer, etc).
- 24-Hour Cancellation Policy: If an emergency arises and you are unable to make your appointment or you are going to be late, please call us immediately at 604-703-6470. You are responsible for the full cost of a missed appointment.